Here is the information on the September and October presentations of Irish Heritage Quebec. These events will be held at 19:30 in McMahon Hall, 1145 De Salaberry in Quebec City. Refreshments will be served and parking stubs for Îlot Saint-Patrick will be validated. We hope to see members and guests in great numbers.
- On Monday September 14, Steve Cameron, co-founder of Coirneal Cealteach of Sainte-Agathe de Lotbinière, will briefly describe the accomplishments of the organization. He will then focus on a recent discovery “The Surprising Scalpeen” that links practices in Ireland and stories passed on by oral tradition in Sainte-Agathe.
- On Monday October 12, Joe Lonergan will give a presentation on the history of the Irish in Sillery. He will describe the rise and eventual disappearance of the Irish from the Sillery coves within St. Colomba’s Parish. He will also touch on a later and largely different Irish community that rose on the Sillery plateau.
Here is information on other activities in which Irish Heritage Quebec is involved:
- On Saturday September 19, Irish Heritage Quebec will participate in the VEQ Fall Fest at St.Vincent’s Elementary School, 995 Wolfe in Quebec City. Fall Fest takes place from 11:00 until 15:00.
- On Saturday September 26 at 13:30, Irish Heritage Quebec will offer a French-language tour of St. Patrick’s Cemetery during the Journées de la Culture, The tour lasts 75 minutes. Anyone interested in participating is requested to call 418 704-3404 and reserve a place.
- On Saturday October 17 at 19:30, Irish Heritage Quebec will honor International Uilleann Piping Day. Come and enjoy Irish entertainment featuring the uilleann pipes. We will be pleased to have accomplished Irish piper Jimmy O’Brien Moran as a guest performer. Patrick McSweeney and friends will entertain you as well.
- On Saturday October 24 from 9:00 until 13:00. Irish Heritage Quebec will hold its flea market in McMahon Hall. Anyone interested in donating objects for the sale is invited to contact the office at 418 704-3404. If you want to volunteer for the flea market, please let us know.