Here are the activities of Irish Heritage Quebec for the months of November and December 2013.
- The next conference will be held at 19:30 on Monday November 18 in McMahon Hall, 1145 De Salaberry in Quebec City. Irish Heritage Quebec will continue its usual November practice of honouring the memory of military personnel. John O’Connor will give a conference entitled The Victoria Cross and Quebec. The Victoria Cross was instituted in 1856 and is Great Britain and Canada’s highest military honour. The conference will present the story of some of Quebec’s Victoria Cross winners. Louis Cliche will also provide insight into Richard Turner and Paul Triquet, two of the medal recipients whom he knew personally. Refreshments will be served and parking stubs for Îlot St. Patrick will be validated. Please bring a friend.
- The annual meeting of Irish Heritage Quebec will be held at 19:30 on Monday December 9 in McMahon Hall, 1145 De Salaberry in Quebec City. The official notice of the meeting appears below. Refreshments will be served and parking stubs for Îlot St. Patrick will be validated. Please bring a friend.
John O’Connor, Secretary
Notice of the annual meeting
Notice is hereby given that the annual meeting of Irish Heritage Quebec will be held on Monday, December 9, 2013 at 19:30 in McMahon Hall in the basement of St. Patrick’s Church, 1145 de Salaberry in Quebec City.
The provisional agenda of the meeting is as follows:
1. Nomination of a Chairperson
2. Approval of the Agenda
3. Approval of the Minutes of the Annual Meeting Held December 3, 2012
4. Adoption of the Annual Report for the Year Ending August 31, 2013
5. Adoption of the Financial Statements for the Year Ending August 31, 2013
6. Appointment of Accountants
7. Election of 4 Directors
Dated November 5, 2013
On behalf of the board of directors
N.B. Immediately following the meeting, Irish Heritage Quebec will present a plaque to the St. Brigid’s Guild in recognition of its 45 years of service to St. Brigid’s Home and its support of community organizations.
Irish Heritage Quebec forest green caps may be purchased for $15 at our office at 1155 De Salaberry, Quebec City.
Irish Heritage Quebec pins sell for $6.00
For more information call (418) 704 3404