- Irish Heritage Quebec will present the following activity at 19:30 in McMahon Hall, 1145 De Salaberry in Quebec City. We hope to see members and guests in great numbers. Refreshments will be served and parking stubs for Îlot St-Patrick will be validated.
Monday, March 12 at 7:30 p.m.- Susanne Cammack will give a presentation entitled Gramophones, Irish Culture, and History which will explore the presence of gramophones in Irish literature as an expression of cultural trauma during the first quarter of the 20th century.
Susanne Cammack has a PhD in British and Irish literature, primarily of the 19th and 20th century, from Southern Illinois University, Carbondale. She has an MA in Irish Studies from National University of Ireland in Galway and an MA in English from Boise State University. She is currently a Fulbright Canada Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Irish Studies at Concordia University in Montreal.
- The draw for a 2018 calendar of the Société historique de Québec was held at our last activity on February 12. The lucky winner was Barbara O’Halloran Bignell, a resident of Quebec City. Another calendar will be drawn on March 12 among all members of Irish Heritage Quebec at that date. If you have not yet sent in your renewal, please do so before March 12.
- Irish Heritage Quebec will participate in the 2018 Défilé de la Saint-Patrick de Québec on Saturday March 24, 2018. We will have a classroom in Saint Patrick’s High School in which our marchers may gather.
N.B. If you plan to participate in the parade, please inform Irish Heritage Quebec of your name and the number of persons with you. You must be on site by 1 PM.
- Daniel Hughes recently joined the Board of Directors of Irish Heritage Quebec.
- The Shannon Irish Show will be on March 10 at the Shannon Community Center, 75 Gosford Road. There will be an afternoon performance at 1 PM and an evening performance at 7:30 PM. Admission is $10 per adult, $3 for children between 6 and 12 years and free for 5 years and less.
We have Irish Heritage Quebec pins in stock.
Price: $5.00 plus shipping.